The “Audi Urban Intelligent Assist” program is designed to take car safety technology one step further, signing research contracts with three major California universities in order to create the devices. According to Torque News, these technologies include:
- Crash Analysis – researchers will find “accident hot spots” in order to find what driving environments pose higher risks for traffic accidents.
- Diagnostic – vehicle and pedestrian information will be gathered from vehicle sensors along with traffic lights, events, and parking availability, in order to predict traffic 15-60 minutes in the future
- Driver Diagnostics – the driver’s preferences will be able to custom fit the experience of driving to each driver’s personal needs, including eliminating which factors make driving more stressful for a driver
- Urban Assistance – information such as vehicle and pedestrian detection, parking spaces available, or traffic rules (car pool, no left turn, etc) will help inform the driver
- Urban Navigation – data concerning how traffic flows through a city, including driver preferences, will help determine the best trip planning advice for each driver
These tools will hopefully make a driver’s trip as stress-free as possible through urban driving situations. As a Los Angeles personal injury attorney, I hope the data accumulated by universities and Audi’s technology combine to make a driver’s commute as comfortable as possible. If you or a loved one are involved in an urban car accident, a car accident lawyer Los Angeles can help assess your claim.