The storm which evolved in the Gulf of Alaska ferociously hit California’s roads on Sunday. The storm triggered a high amount of car accidents on Sunday, with many occurring on Highway 99. As a car accident attorney in Los Angeles, I hope everyone involved in the accidents receive proper medical attention and heal quickly from the collisions. Drive slowly and use headlights if you are on the road during a rainstorm.
The California Highway Patrol reported a significant list of auto accidents during the storm:
- 12:31pm – Pick-up truck hit a pole in Sacramento County near Thornton. Road closed due to pole falling across road.
- 1:21pm – Highway 99 Northbound at Turner Road, nine vehicles and 15 people were involved in a collision, with two reporting injuries. Both lanes going northbound were blocked.
- 1:21pm – Two cars collided into center divide on southbound Highway 99 south of Acampo Road.
- 1:44pm – Vehicle crashed on I-5, south of Eight Mile Road. Vehicle overturned. Minor injuries reported.
- 2pm – Two vehicle accident on northbound I-5, south of Highway 12.
- 2:14pm – Two car collision into center divider on southbound Highway 99 at Acampo road.
- 2:19pm – Spinout on southbound I-5, south of Highway 12.
- 2:39pm – Vehicle fell down embankment on the Turner Road onramp, southbound on Highway 99.
- 2:43pm – Truck smashed into tree on southbound Highway 99, north of Acampo road..
- 2:45pm – A logging big-rig and Ford Explorer collided, major injuries reported on northbound Highway 99, south of Eight Mile Road.
- 4:25pm – SUV roll-over on southbound Highway 99 at Eight Mile Road. Minor injuries reported.
- 5:07pm – Accident on southbound Highway 99, north of Armstrong Road. Two cars crashed in center divide.