The top ten most common driving mistakes, according to major insurance companies and Wicked Local, can lead to something as small as a minor accident with scratches to a major car crash resulting in injuries.
- Distracted drivers are much more likely to get into a wreck. Talking on the cell phone, eating and driving, and even some distraction caused by Bluetooth or hands-free headsets could take a driver’s eyes away from the road.
- Focus on the road straight ahead. If you look to the sides, swerving can result.
- Low tire pressure. If the light on your dashboard says its low, it’s already too late as lower tire pressure may make it harder to turn your vehicle quickly.
- Bumping your tire against the curb while parallel parking repeatedly could result in damage to the tires and cause the car to be out alignment.
- Do not fill your gas tank with premium fuel unless necessary.
- Applying to much pressure to the gas and brakes results in driving less safely.
- Be aware of wet roads. The first 10 minutes are the most dangerous. So, even if it’s starting to drizzle, leave more room between your car and others.
- Signaling at the last-minute may cause the driver behind you to not slow down enough.
- Routinely check your brakes and steering.
This advice will help you be a safer driver and prevent injury. As a personal injury lawyer San Diego, I hope you take this advice seriously, as it may save your life. If you or a loved one are hurt by a reckless driver, discuss your case with a San Diego car accident attorney.